Faculty of Enginneering and Design

Back to List

LANe200NA(英語 / English language education 200)
Technical Writing in English


Class code etc
Faculty/Graduate school Faculty of Enginneering and Design
Attached documents
Year 2023
Class code B3014
Previous Class code
Previous Class title
Term 秋学期授業/Fall
Day/Period 火5/Tue.5
Class Type
Campus 市ヶ谷
Classroom name 各学部・研究科等の時間割等で確認
Open Program
Open Program (Notes)
Global Open Program
Interdepartmental class taking system for Academic Achievers
Interdepartmental class taking system for Academic Achievers (Notes)
Class taught by instructors with practical experience
Urban Design CP
Diversity CP
Learning for the Future CP
Carbon Neutral CP
Chiyoda Campus Consortium
Optional/Compulsory 選択
Admission year
Category (2023~) 都市環境デザイン工学科
Category (2019~2022) 都市環境デザイン工学科
Category 都市

Show all

Hide All

Outline (in English)

【Course outline】
With growing globalization, worldwide communication skills in English have become more important for most Japanese. This subject will cultivate elementary skills for developing concise, clear and correct English through analysis and exercises on practical technical English. As a result, registered students will acquire the ability to handle writing in English which may be required in their careers.
1) You will acquire technical terms in Japanese as well as English.
2) You will develop an English sentence including a subject, a verve, and other terms.
3) You will digest crucial grammars to improve your technical expression in English.
4) You will organize multiple English sentences with technical terms and/or sentence structure for technical English.
【Learning activities outside of classroom】
You are required to tackle the following preparations and reviews through the second to the thirteenth classes in the schedule.
1) You should examine specified learning items in the textbook according to the class schedule to identify crucial issues for technical English.
2) You should independently attempt to develop English sentences listed as example sentences.
3) You should analyze technical terms specified in the learning items and the example sentences.
1) You should review your mistakes in the small test with reference to the textbook.
2) You should memorize technical terms involved in example sentences using word lists in the textbook.
3) You should independently practice English composition for untouched example sentences in the class.
4) You can download audio files for example sentences employed in the textbook from http://www.kenkyusha.co.jp/. This will help you to practice phonetical reading and acquire the example sentences.
<Learning Hours>
1) You should consume generally about two hours for both preparations and reviews.
【Grading Criteria /Policy】
The supervisor will evaluate your achievement for learning objectives based on your mark in class participations (allocation: 40%) and scores in final examination (allocation: 60%), completing your final scores in the full score of 100%. You will earn the credit if you score equal to or more than the score of 60%.
<Learning objectives and corresponding evaluations>
1) Acquisition of technical terms in Japanese as well as English: class participation 5%+final examination 10%= total 15%
2) Development of an English sentence: class participation 15%+final examination 20%=total 35%
3) Improvement of technical expression in English: class participation 15%+final examination 20%=total 35%
4) Organization of multiple English sentence: class participation 5%+final examination 10%=total 15%
# A mark in class participation includes small tests, responses, and others.
# Final examination will be conducted without any references notes.
# You will fail to earn the credit if you miss the class more than three times, your final evaluation being applied Grade D.

Default language used in class

日本語 / Japanese